What to Wear When You Work Out Infographic
Sometimes the right workout clothes can make or break your workout. With these few simple small changes, you can get your wardrobe workout-ready in no time.
Here is a text version of this infographic.
Sometimes the right gear can make or break your sweat sesh. With a few simple tweaks, you can get your wardrobe workout-ready in no time.
Protect Your Skin:
- Avoid blisters with double-layered athletic socks
- Wear thin layers with flat seams to reduce chafing
- Look for UV-blocking clothing, hats and sunglasses
- Get fitted by a professional at an athletic store
- Give your feet room to swell with a slight larger size than you’d typically wear
- Choose a shoe based on comfort, not on its construction
- Replace your shoes when they no longer feel supportive
- Wear lighter colors to stay visible at dawn and dusk
- Use reflective clothing, tape and vests
- Attach LED lights or reflectors to your shoes
- Choose moisture-wicking fabrics instead of cotton
- When it’s cold, dress in layers
- Invest in a lightweight rain jacket with air vents
- Wear hats, scarves and gloves to keep warmth in
- Invest in a sports bra that’s supportive but not too tight
- Men need support too! Spring for some breathable athletic underwear
Learn more at heart.org/HealthyForGood
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood