Fight Stress with Healthy Habits Infographic
Healthy habits can protect you from the harmful effects of stress. Here are 10 positive habits you may want to develop for your own wellbeing.
Fight Stress with Healthy Habits
- Slow down - Plan ahead and allow enough time to get the most important things done without having to rush.
- Snooze more - Try to get six to eight hours of sleep each night. To fight insomnia, add mindfulness and activity.
- Let worry go - The world won’t end if a few things fall off of your plate. Give yourself a break and just breathe.
- Laugh it up - Laughter makes us feel good. Don’t be afraid to laugh out loud, even when you’re alone.
- Get connected - A daily dose of friendship in great medicine. Make time to call friends and family so you can catch up.
- Get organized - Use “to do” lists to help you focus on your most important tasks, and take big projects one step at a time.
- Practice giving back - Volunteer your time or spend time helping out a friend. Helping others helps you.
- Be active every day - Exercise can relieve mental and physical tension. Find something you think is fun and stick with it.
- Give up bad habits - Too much alcohol, tobacco, or caffeine can increase blood pressure. Cut back or quit to decrease anxiety.
- Lean into things you can change.
Make time to learn a new skill, work towards a goal, or to love and help others.
Learn more at heart.org/BeWell
Article copyright © 2017 American Heart Association.